Vision shared by vendor, institution saves tumor board preparation time and standardizes workflow across meetings
Ten subspecialty tumor boards relied on legacy technologies and data from disparate sources, manually searched and added to PowerPoint presentations. Residents spent up to six hours a week preparing for each conference.1 MU needed an improved, electronic process to coordinate tumor board conferences and a streamlined method by which to pull and visualize data from diverse sources.
MU onboarded NAVIFY® Tumor Board for four conferences in quick succession. MU’s Cerner EHR was integrated to automate preparation and presentation.
- Participants have access to key patient data and assets (e.g., images) and can submit patient cases weeks in advance of tumor board meetings.
- Users report a streamlined process and time savings.
- Some manual data entry has been eliminated. Presentations are in one place, in timeline order, for review.
- Additional MU tumor boards plan to adopt NAVIFY Tumor Board.
To make the best treatment decision, we have to apply the latest medical knowledge to a patient’s medical history, personal preferences and circumstances, test results, images, reports, and other information. NAVIFY [Decision Support portfolio] elevates our efficiency and confidence by aggregating these resources.
Richard Hammer, MD
Vice-Chair of Pathology, University of Missouri
References & notes
- Albert, C. (2019) ‘Virtual tumor board platforms: a game changer for cancer case review’, Cap Today, January.